[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1035: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1035: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4700: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:1)
• View topic - REVIEW: International Delight Cafe (Bellmore, New York)

REVIEW: International Delight Cafe (Bellmore, New York)

REVIEW: International Delight Cafe (Bellmore, New York)

Postby Brimstone » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:55 pm

International Delight Cafe
322 Bedford Ave
Bellmore, NY 11710
(516) 409-5772

Categories: Diners, Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt

Ladies... Gentlemen... Food Hounds... today we hit the mother load! Brimstone here representing the Hounds, here to tell you all about a wonderful place that would make even Willy Wonka himself jealous... International Delight Cafe. The name actually says a lot about this dynamite find, nestled within the town of North Bellmore. The menu itself has pages upon pages of delicious delights waiting to be devoured! Etan Wish, Luscious and I were ready to setup shop and get our grub on... until we got distracted by the magical display of homemade Gelato in over a zillion flavors!!! Surprisingly, Etan was able to tear Lush and I away from the goodies (at least temporarily) and lead us into the Cafe' which would be our home for the next couple of hours. We were seated in the "Family" zone at the back of the restaurant... its the special spot reserved for friends and family of the staff; so we were honored to be sat there.

As I mentioned earlier... the menu is extremely extensive and offers SO many different options (which can make it pretty complicated for food critics)! As usual, we wanted to sample a good portion of their best dishes to see for ourselves what all, the hubbub is about. I saw a bunch of really yummy items that I'm going to have to return to try at another point in time; but I settled on a couple of platters that I saw and just decided that I couldn't live without trying! As we were deliberating over what to order; we had a little bundle of love dropped off at our table containing some Everything Crackers and Sesame Sticks with homemade Yogurt Dill (which seems to be the theme of this hot spot; almost everything is made from scratch). We started simple with International's Loaded Fries, crispy fries generously topped with Mozzarella and Cheddar Cheese - not to mention bacon strips (NOT Bacon bits - Strips) served piping hot with Ranch dressing and homemade Honey Mustard sauce that was yummy!

Shortly following the fries... the FOOD ARRIVED! The portions were hefty and we simply didn't know where to begin. I opted on starting with what they call, "The Ultimate Tacodilla" which is somewhat of a blend between a taco and a quesadilla (which are also available there), that offers a serious bite! It's lightly crisped shell was just the beginning of the bursts of flavor I was about to experience... fried yet moist Buffalo Chicken, Onions and Bell Peppers and Bacon (Mmmm...) - tucked tightly together in a melted Monterey Cheese blanket and drizzled with freshly made Buffalo Ranch dressing. I was already ready to declare the victor... until I moved on to the Sliced Skirt Steak Sandwich. Damn. Another taste bud pleaser with this ginormous sandwich STUFFED with a blend of seasoning that met ole' Brim's approval. The steak was smothered in well-fried onions and laid upon a delicious garlic bread bed... Heaven. This was the first time EVER that the Food Hounds declared a TIE - Literally a WIN WIN here folks.

Lush dug into another IDC fave, Mama Carol's Meatloaf (named after the owner's mother who was the originator of this recipe). A very light meatloaf with hints of onion and garlic, soaking in a brown gravy with Smashed Potatoes (kind of like a roasted potato crossed with home-fried 'tatoes). We sampled two of their Baked Quiche (VERY tasty), the Ham & Swiss which was good; but didn't compare to the Bacon, Onion and Swiss. The Bacon, Onion and Swiss was delicious and was the perfect size for a full meal... light, fluffy, just a hint of the cheese without the overbearing swiss taste which when combined with the Bacon... it hits the spot. The Cheese Blintzes were good; but nothing special - although the fresh fruit was divine (Strawberries were fresh and a beautiful bright red).

Etan attacked the Southwestern Salad (IDC is known for their array of over 19 killer salads!!!). I've got to admit that the blend of ingredients worked extremely well together and it was HUGE! He then bit into what is known as The Normandee, which is a Tuna Salad, Bacon and Melted Swiss on a toasted bagel. Mr. Wish gives it a thumbs up. We also shared an Antipasto Salad with all the trimmings... Salami, Prosciutto, Provolone, Fresh Water Mozz, Roasted Red Peppers, Sundried Tomatoes and a whole lot more. Everything was fresh and the colors were vibrant. Another note... get the Homemade, freshly squeezed Lemonade and/or the Lime Ricky (best described as a Shirley Temple with Lime).

Just when we thought us Hounds conquered the food... We opted to try what they call, THE WORLD. See... the International Delight Cafe makes ALL of their own Gelato and Waffles on premises (cool process) and prides itself on the long list of flavors they have available. Well, since this bad-boy is a 25-30 scoop MINIMUM served in a giant steel cauldron... we had a lot to decide (catch it on the video). This place is a MUST if you are ever on Long Island. Stop in and tell'em the Food Hounds sent you!
Brimstone

Return to Food Hounds: Tidbits